Good News – Maybe

We got news yesterday on the house!  The bank replied with a number that, while higher than our appraisal, was good enough for us to accept.  Our plan is to do a little bit of work to the house over the next month, have the house re-appraised and hope that the next appraisal comes in a bit higher to compensate.  We are pretty confident that it will because the first appraisal was shockingly low.  So…..we will be closing in 60 days or so!


Now, the work begins!  I’ll start posting before/during/after pics as we go along.  I’m sure there will be and endless supply of crazy stories along the way!


I posted this originally on Sept 5.  Today is Sept 8.  All the joy experienced on the 5th was short lived.  Later that day, the bank informed us that the BPO we had been waiting for forever still needed to be done in order to complete the acceptance of the short sale.  The bank will not postpone the sale date until we have the short sale numbers agreed upon.  So, they put a rush on the BPO and it was done on the 6th.  Yesterday, the bank didn’t answer or return our realtor’s calls and the sale date is still set for next Wednesday.

So, our state of limbo returns for a few more days.

About admin

Wife, mom, small business owner, and hobby farm hopeful.
This entry was posted in Meanderings. Bookmark the permalink.

2 Responses to Good News – Maybe

  1. Mom says:

    Congratulations! Need a hammer?

  2. Mom says:

    Crap, crap, and by the way, crap!

Leave a Reply